- Last day at Sprint is 8/17. First day at Littlesprings is 8/20.
- Its located in Lawrence, and I'm not moving. Its an observed 35 minutes door to door, so that's no big deal.
- Some telecommuting. Not sure how much yet, but some. Maybe lots.
- Some travel. Barbara wants to stay home more, so I'll get to be the face of the company sometimes. Maybe I'll be able to get interviewed and all that sort of stuff.
- Its less money. Not moving for the cash, but for the work. (and, until further notice, dinner is on you)
- Of course I'll answer the phone or maybe even email if anyone has a question about old Sprint days. I cannot, however, be contracted back at all for a year, so no actual work at Sprint after 8/17.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Now that my boss has told everyone at Sprint, I can post about my new job! I'm going to be the Interaction Designer for Little Springs Design. They do mobile design, mostly software and "WAP" site work, I gather. Mobile means handhelds, like cellphones or whatever you know it by. Somehow "mobile" doesn't resonate with everyone I tell about it. The FAQ about my job, based on the 50+ emails and IMs I have so far: