No idea.I mean, she was nice enough, but maybe I could get the question answered if I waited for the branch manager to get off the phone. I didn't wait that long. When chatting before I gave up I said something like "these new ATMs are much worse than the old ones, which were terrible."
Oh yeah, we hear that a lot.So, in how many ways is this bank failing? 24/7 technology is emplaced immediately next to the face-to-face store, but:
- It has different business rules (not just technology limits) than the counter or website.
- The people have no idea how it works.
- And, they have no method of seeing what you did, or correcting it in any way (at least the terrible self-checkouts have an employee over-ride).
- The employees do get lots of complaints, and are aware there are problems.
- No one in charge of buying, specifying, customizing or installing the machinery has ever, apparently, thought to watch them in practice, or ask the people standing there every day their opinion.