Friday, November 9, 2007

Speaking of choosing to fail

I won't claim to be CEO material, but I cannot get my head around Sprint's decision to split with Clearwire. I blame Sprint because I worked there long enough, it seems like just the kind of thing they'd do. Maybe Clearwire is at fault, but I cannot see how it's in Sprint's interest to let them go. At best, there's a new competitor. Who thinks Craig McCaw, et. al. will just call it quits after a bad day at the market. At the least, Sprint will muddle thru as they always do, and launch a substandard product, without any integration (technical, billing or marketing) with the rest of the company, just late enough to get stomped by a competitor. I would not be suprised to see them drop or massively delay the whole WiMax product. And this makes me sorta sad.

No comments: