Friday, March 9, 2012

Pause, linger, read

“ The thing that I think is most interesting, and has really provided a new opportunity for this long-form, serious journalism is the introduction of the tablet – and by "tablet" I mean not just the iPad, but the Kindle, the Nook, all the Android devices, I mean the numbers of these things that are being sold are really staggering. And while I think they are not a panacea, they're not going to solve all of our problems, I do think that they make it easier for people to pause, linger, read. To really process very important ideas, and things that may take a little bit longer than a couple clicks in a browser.  ”
Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes talking with NPR's Steve Inskeep about his purchase of The New Republic, and how technology can work in his favor, instead of eroding the values the new magazine holds dear.

No comments: